Thursday, November 28, 2013

To My Husband on His 30th Birthday

To My Husband On His Birthday-

Chase-

Thirty years ago today, you were born bringing love and joy with you when you came.  I have spent much of today thinking of you and all that you have taught me throughout our relationship. I thought I would jot these thoughts down to share them.

You have taught me the true meaning of 1 Corinthians 13:4–8:
Love is patient, love is kind. 
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 
Love never fails. (NIV)


In being your wife, I have learned patience and how to reign in my temper, I am not perfect and am still learning, but I have come a long way.  You have taught me the importance of forgiveness and how vital it is to a relationship and not just needing to forgive each other but that it is also very important it is to forgive ourselves.  You have taught me to be fiercely loyal to my spouse. I have stood by you when I haven't wanted anything to do with you and we have come through those things stronger and more in love than before. And, finally you have taught me that you have to have hope when loving, hope that love will persevere. 

In addition to love you have taught me to be true to myself. You have encouraged me to really find my faith and even though I have had my ups and downs, you have always reminded me that I know what is right. 

You are my best friend and sweetheart. I love you with every fiber of my being and I miss you every moment of every day. 

Emily

Today was a hard day. A triple whammy, Hanukkah, Thanksgiving and Chase's Birthday. I started off my day with all of my children somehow managing to end up curled up in my bed. They all wanted to be close. Henry asked for Chase all morning, something he has been doing a lot of lately it breaks my heart that I can't give him what he wants. We went down to my in-laws house for breakfast, to visit, and go to the cemetery. The children decorated little ornaments to put on a little tree that we placed graveside.


They sang Happy Birthday and my heart broke a little more. After the visit to the cemetery we visited a bit more then I headed back home to grab the pies, sweet potatoes and rolls that were my contribution to Thanksgiving Dinner and headed off to my little brothers house. Dinner was wonderful, they had a great moist bird and dinner was beautiful. In keeping with tradition we went around the table to say what we were thankful for. I choked up, but was able to manage to get out that this year, I was thankful for my children's health and for Chase. He gave me two wonderful boys and the lessons I have learned from loving him are incalculable. 

Now I am home, the children are all safely tucked into their beds and I sit here fulfilling my need to express my sorrow, heartache, and appreciation for the time I had with my husband. He was not perfect, but he was perfect for me. He was exactly what I needed in my life, and I have learned so much from him in the all too short time we were together. Our 3 wedding anniversary would have been next month. It was four years ago this week that He and I met and my life has never been the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment