Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Voice For Henry

Sometimes life gets away from you. I have been pretty busy the last couple of months, adjusting to having three children, school started for Grace, Henry is beginning the transition process into preschool and Silas is growing like a weed.  So I have been a little busy and have not found the time to write yet this morning I need to.


Henry begins preschool at the end of the month and we have been working with the Up to Three program to determine the best way for Henry to communicate in an everyday school setting. It was decided that an iPad would most likely be the best option, but they are expensive and the apps needed are almost as much as the iPad itself.  My mother came across a website that helps you to set up fundraisers and through my mother's genius A Voice For Henry was created.

I am completely overwhelmed at the showing of love and support not only from our family and community but from complete strangers as well! We reached our goal within two days and even exceeded it!

Its amazing how many people this little boy has touched and I am very pleased to say that Henry will be getting an iPad with the needed Apps and a child friendly (envision being dropped and still being okay) case. I cannot thank everyone enough I am so excited to watch Henry develop his communication skills even further with this tool and I will happily keep you all updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment