Friday, August 2, 2013

Becoming A Memory

Tonight after the children were in bed and Dr. Who just wasn't cutting it, I popped downstairs for something to occupy my tastebuds. Finding my distraction in the freezer I quietly meandered through my main floor. I paused in front of the curio cabinet transfixed on the face of someone I used to know. Someone that is slowly becoming a memory. This was a daunting realization. Just a memory.



My heart is breaking a little more tonight because I realize that memories fade. I don't want him to fade, I want him here. More than anything. I ache for him but time moves on. The sun rises and sets. The seasons are changing. My life is changing and as much as I wish I could turn back the clock erase all the bad. FIX this horrible change. I can't and every day that passes he slips more into the realm of memory, instead of reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment