Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mind Games

I went to bed last night hoping and praying that all the signs that had been popping up throughout the day of an impending migraine were wrong. I even took some tyenol prior to heading off to bed in hopes that if there was a headache lurking on the horizion that the medicine would take care of it. No such luck.

Luckily and thankfully my faithful friend Kenna showed up this morning and whisked Henry off with her small clan and told me to get some rest she'll take care of Henry while I sleep.

I can't remember the last time I slept until after three oclock in the afternoon. It had to have been before Chase died.  That was something he was very good at, if I had a migraine the house would become still and quiet and he would magically take care of everything that needed to be taken care of.  As I slept today I was comforted by the thought that maybe that's all this really was, maybe I was just in the midst of one of the worst migraines I had ever had accompanied by the torturous dreams that go hand in hand with them, maybe just maybe ALL of this, the last three months were just part of a bad migraine.

Sadly, when I did finally awake from my migraine induced slumber the photos were on my night stand and my hand was tightly clenching Chase's dog tag.

It was so real for a few moments. This was all just a nightmare for a few precious moments. Instead of a heartbreaking reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment