Friday, May 17, 2013

A Busy Day

Today was a typical every other weekend kind of busy day.

I had to take Grace down to my Ex because it is his weekend for "Parent Time".  On the weekends that I have to go down South I try to get all the errands in I can while down that direction. Visiting the in-laws, shopping at the stores we don't have here in Cache Valley (Target) and stopping by the cemetery to "visit" Chase.

 Grace was so excited to head down to the Ex's because it was promised that his wife's niece/Grace's step-cousin (and friend) was coming over for a sleep over!  From the moment she got up this morning she was asking how soon she could go see Caitlyn. Every five minutes, "Is it time to go yet?"

We headed down a little early with the intent to stop for lunch, swing by my mother-in-law's office so she could show off her grandkids and then stop by the cemetery before dropping Grace off but she was so adamant about seeing Caitlyn she didn't want to do anything else.  Well, getting lunch was an approved side activity.

I got Grace safely delivered to the Ex in time that she could go with him to pick up the cousin with the Ex.  She was crazy excited, so much so she forgot to kiss me goodbye! I quickly reminded her as she was beginning to walk away and she hurriedly ran back to me and gave me a quick kiss then was ready to be gone again.

Henry and I got to run the rest of our errands together. Which involved, catching up with an old friend and meeting his partner, braving Ikea in search of baskets to match what I already have, only to find out that the new version is collapsable and NOT what I wanted, waiting for the person I had agreed to purchase an electronic's item from (He was nearly two hours late!-It was however worth the wait.) stopping by the cemetery, where I ran into my mother-in-law and then by my parents to show off my purchase!

It was a very LONG and busy day. Poor Henry didn't get a nap and wasn't in bed until nearly 9:30 pm which is unheard of for him.  I am now writing this blog in bed while being serenaded by the melodious sounds of his obscenely loud snores waft through the upstairs of my very empty feeling apartment.

Winding down after a day like today was something I always enjoyed with Chase.  If he had a lot going on at work I would typically make the trip down to my Ex's while he was still working and try to time it so I was home by the time he got home.  Winding down with only one fairly mild mannered child that was willing to be in bed by 7:30 pm was our treat. We would pop in a movie or catch up on our DVR while I crocheted and he knitted. The house feels empty without the typical Friday night rituals taking place its been two months and I still am surprised by how wrong this feels. I wonder when -if ever- that will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment