Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I Go Back

As I slowly venture back into real life which for me equates to having music playing during most of the waking hours... I realize just how much music plays a role in my life. I also realize just how much music or certain songs mean to me even when I didn't realize I had placed such a heavy importance on them.

I know that I have posted about specific songs already but it still amazes me on a daily basis if not a moment to moment basis just how much influence music has in our lives. It can shift the whole mood of the day with one little song. Now I am sure we have all had the lesson on how music sets the tone but it is astounding to me how the first chords of a song takes me immediately back to a place and a time, or reminds me distinctly of a feeling or action that is no longer accessible in my day to day life. For example: holding hands, a quick kiss hello or goodbye etc

Kip Moore's "Hey Pretty Girl" came on the radio on Monday and I had to pull over I was so overcome with emotion. He was one of the opening acts to a concert that Chase and I attended and hearing that song took me back to that night. Which is one that I will always remember because some important things happened that night... But I digress. That song came on and it was like we were standing at the maverick center swaying back and forth his arm draped around me and me i can smell the extra polar ice gum on his breath loosely masking the smell of Cocacola. My arms wrapped around him, looking up into his vibrant clear, clean blue eyes with that scruffy goody beard he had for no-shave-november and his lips were slightly chapped and I am feeling myself fall even deeper in love with him as the song plays.

The song was instantly downloaded to my phone and has been in heavy rotation, when I get sentimental or masocistic take your pick.

It's not just this one song though there are so many that have that effect on me. So many that take me as far back as the day we met even. My whole life has revolved around music, certain songs take me to a specific summer or even a heartbreaking moment but the songs that take me back to places and moments with Chase seem particularly poignant right now.

I wonder if that will ever fade?



No comments:

Post a Comment