Tuesday, April 23, 2013

An Unassumingly Normal Day

Here we are- yet again  Primary Children's Outpatient Clinic B- Craniofacial Clinic - this is actually a normal thing for me, it felt so familiar as Henry, my mother and myself were shuffled from one room to the next. With downtime being spent in the waiting room.  

{Henry made good use of the xbox in one corner. Proving he is definitely his father's son.}

Spending a whole day at Primary Children's Medical Center meeting with our Craniofacial Team to discuss what's next on the docket for Henry is normal to me. Explaining Bragging about how much this little boy has improved since the last time they had visited with him nearly six months ago, is something that I really enjoy doing. The having to express my concerns and frustrations however, is not my favorite part, neither is getting to repeat myself to 4 different doctors in 4 different ways.  Henry however was a pretty good sport for the most part. He always holds up pretty well.

We left our appointments feeling like we kind-of-sort-of know the new "plan" (its always changing).  It looks like this little boy will be getting to have his 11th and 12th surgeries here in the next little bit. Tonsils will be banished and a partial adenoidectomy are looking as though they are quickly approaching, followed perhaps by another broncoscopy and yet another sleep study after that. JOY!  But of course none of this is for certain until we receive the Craniofacial Clinic Letter, explaining what we are expected to do.

Doing all of these things, is normal to me I am "used" to dealing with this kind of thing, its what a mom of a kid with Pierre Robin does, you go to the appointments and take care of what needs to be taken care of.

The only really not normal part of my day was the drive home, not calling to check in with Chase was incredibly difficult. { I know you thought I was going to make it through a whole post without mentioning him, no such luck!  }  Calling to explain what was said and catching up on the day was such an integral part of this kind of day, not having it was painful. Yes, I had my wonderful mother with me to distract me but that familiar pull to reach for my phone to catch Chase up on the events of the day was there.   Will that ever fade?



No comments:

Post a Comment