Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Baby

I haven't spent much time talking about the upcoming arrival. What kind of expectant mother isn't always gushing about the baby and its HIS impending arrival?

This mama, is exhausted the baby growing process wears her out!  While many other women think is beautiful process is one of the greatest gifts and most spiritual experiences, a woman can ever go through and enjoy every moment of it. THIS mama does not.

I have spent the last 24 weeks being poked, prodded, and essentially wrung out from the inside out. I am down 46.5 pounds so far and NO I am not going to put my current weight because you would then find out what my previous weight was - not  pretty -  I am currently black and blue from my wonderful home health nursing staff trying to find a vein that is strong enough to support an IV for more than 10 seconds and I am so hunched over from sciatic issues that I look like I'm a little old lady walking waddling down the street.

Despite it all, this kid however seems to be managing just fine.  He's consistent in his growth, he moves often and does a fairly good job of making me aware of his needs. You know basic stuff like food and water with how sick he has made me over the past few months I have had the tendency to forget let's blame "pregnancy brain" shall we?

The Baby does not yet have a name.  This is the part where I feel some serious parental guilt.  Both of my other children had names and I was sure of WHO they were before I had gotten very far into my first trimester.  Heck, I knew Henry was a boy and would be named Henry at 7 weeks!!! This little guy has proved to be much more difficult.  Chase and I had batted a few names around but nothing felt like it really fit.  We both really liked Alvin but it didn't feel right.  Sylas was starting to pick up some steam in my regards and Chase didn't HATE it, but he was really pulling for a "Jr."

Here are the guidelines we could agree on for naming this baby.

1. It must be a family name.
2. It must contain 5 letters
3. It must "fit" with the rest of our names

I am so afraid that I'm going to get this baby here and still have no idea what his name should be!

HELP!?

1 comment:

  1. What about Hyrum? Not sure if it is a family name but it's where you grew up so that might be cool :)

    ReplyDelete